Friday, June 13, 2008

The Sea Devil

In the story "The Sea Devil" the main character was fishing in shallow waters when he caught a huge devil ray. The ray pulled him out of his boat and started to drag him out to sea. He tried really hard to pull back on the monster but the monster was too strong and it weighed about 1000 pounds. Luckily he got free and he vowed never to fish again at night alone. I think the reason he won't fish is because he is really afraid that he will be pulled in and never be seen in his town again.
Football is a risky sport that I love. I got a concussion last year and I had to take the year off which upset me a lot. To me that similar to the character in "The Sea Devil" because I couldn't play football and the character couldn't fish. We both had to give up something we love.

No comments: